Song Opinion: "One Thing Remains" by Bethel

"One Thing Remains" by Bethel Music expresses the One Thing that has never changed over the ages and that thing is Jesus' love.

The verse of the song goes:

"higher than the mountains that I face
stronger than the power of the grave
constant in the trial and the change
This one thing remains
This one thing remains"

Whatever we are going through Jesus will always be there. He is constant in the trial and the change, only One Thing Remains.

I absolutely love how the Chorus goes:

"your love never fails, it never gives up
it never runs out on me 
Your love never fails, it never gives up
it never runs out on me 
Your love never fails, it never gives up
it never runs out on me 
Your love"

The one thing that never changes through the ages is his eternal love. Ever since he first sent Jesus Christ his love has endured forever. His love never changes. There may be pain in the night, but I can assure you that joy comes in the morning(Those lyrics are from "Your Love Never Fails" by Newsboys).

I also like how the bridge of the song goes:

"In death, in life, I'm confident 
Covered by the power of your great love
I know my debt is paid, there’s nothing that can
Separate my heart from your great love"

We are always covered by the power of his great love. Our debt is paid, there's nothing that can separate us from his great love!

So I end off, asking you, what is the One Thing that Remains?




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raised In A Prosperity Gospel Church: Behind Closed Doors

Song Opinion: "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury