Song Opinion: "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury

"Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury reflects a love that is reckless.

If you look closely at the word Reckless it comes out as "characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness:"

But was God actually Reckless?

It depends on how YOU define Reckless.

If you look at the bible believe it or not Jesus was Reckless.

If we look at the story whenever Jesus was in the temple and he supposedly flipped over many tables. He was reckless in that story. But he only flipped over 1 table because to be truthful if he flipped over many wouldn't he get kicked out of the temple. 

But what was on that table, you ask?

The answer to that question is Lambs to be sacrificed. But let's get to the song.

Verse 1 of the song goes:

Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me


Yes God, has been out there since the very beginning, at least the song has some good theology. Yes, he has been so so good to me, but was he? He did kill the Jews. But that is another story.

The chorus of the song goes:


Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
Time to fix some theology. The first line of the song is correct. But does God's love chase us down??? I am pretty sure that we chased him down.

The bridge of the song goes:

There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

Ok, this is the main theology problem. Why would he climb up mountains????? He wouldn't need to, he could move the mountains. 

As I end off this Song Opinion, I pray that you learn how Reckless God's Love actually is!

Comments

  1. Does He chase us down? Yes, we may chase Him, but we would not if He did not draw us first.
    John 6:44 44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.
    In this verse I see that we could be chasing Him to no avail if He did not draw us to Him first. I agree God does not have to chase after us, He is every where and in control of everything. But maybe the song gets their words from:
    Psalm 23:6 The Message (MSG)
    6 Your beauty and love chase after me
    every day of my life.
    I’m back home in the house of God
    for the rest of my life.
    Katiedash
    https://findinggod.site

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raised In A Prosperity Gospel Church: Behind Closed Doors

Song Opinion: "One Thing Remains" by Bethel