Raised In A Prosperity Gospel Church: Behind Closed Doors

This will be a fun story to tell.

For the longest time when I was a kid me and my grandmother went to a Assemblies of God church which is known for the Prosperity Gospel.

My grandmother put so much money into the church and she didn't know what this pastor was actually doing with the money.

This pastor was spending the money on gambling. He claimed to his church members that the church would close. Turns out it eventually did due to loss of funds.

My grandmother went into bankrupt because of this church.

That is not all. This "pastor" claimed to be blind and losing all his health. My family members spotted this guy driving.

I feel ashamed to call this a church.

I believed in this church. I was fooled by this Pastor.

But God gave me guidance into it. God saved me and my family from it and brought us to a church that is Gospel Preaching.

Comments

  1. Thank you Otter for sharing this very sad account of this false prophet who mislead your Grandmother.
    You needn't be ashamed of this church, because it wasn't one.
    That said, I am very thankful for the result of you and your family now being in real Christian Church that is faithfully preaching the Gospel!

    Matthew 24:11-14 NASB Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

    Romans 10:8-10 NASB But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Peter! Hearing your testimony about how you were lead astray truly touched me

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Song Opinion: "One Thing Remains" by Bethel

Song Opinion: "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury