Devotional Day 4

In today's devotional we are going to be discussing the most common reasons why Atheists become Atheists. We will be taking different days to do this.

Do know my job is to work with Unbelievers and do know I'm a former Atheist.

Reason one: Evidence

The most common reason why Atheists become Atheists is the lack of evidence which is also what had me into atheism.  But I found the evidence. Atheists believe that there is no God. A=Without Theist=God. If we look historically there is over 300 pieces of evidence for Jesus that is not taken out of the bible.  A reputable former Atheist is Lee Strobel. Strobel was a journalist for The Chicago Tribune and during his work he has covered thousands of stories.

Lee was doing some research into Jesus and found the evidence but first didn't believe. But then he researched more into it.

Lee's wife became a Christian and for awhile they were in a abusive relationship but God brought Lee to Christ.

The key whenever we have friends who are Atheists is to first of all most important to love them as God has loved us.

Continue praying for them and don't press evidence on them let them and God find the evidence.

I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Yes your friends may not talk to you anymore but don't let that stop you.  Continuing praying for them.

I know while an Atheist my friends were praying that I would find Christ and look where I am now.  I write a Christian blog and do outreach to Atheists. God changed me for good!

PRAYER: Father God, I come to you.  Lord I ask that you use me to bring my friends to you.  Lord,  I ask that you deliver my friends. Amen.

SCRIPTURE READING:
Ephesians 2:10 NLT
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

REFLECTION QUESTIONS:
1) How can I show the love of God to someone in my life?
2) What would Jesus do in this situation?

-DH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raised In A Prosperity Gospel Church: Behind Closed Doors

Song Opinion: "One Thing Remains" by Bethel

Song Opinion: "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury